Facilities and Departments
Freyberg High has a comprehensive range of facilities with over 60 classrooms including:
- 10 Computer laboratories and 375 desktop computers throughout the school.
- 3 Art Rooms, Design room and Photography suite.
- 9 Science Laboratories.
- 2 modern Food Laboratories.
- A 'Rumaki' Māori Language Centre.
- 2 Gymnasia and a Weights Room with weight training facilities.
- A covered heated swimming pool. (Freyberg Community Pool)
- A Music Suite consisting of 3 classrooms, 6 practice/rehearsal rooms and a recording studio.
- 2 fully equipped Drama Rooms and a Dance Studio.
- A well-equipped Library with it's own online Library Blog.
Freyberg also has a range of alternate systems and Learning Support which include
- An ESOL centre for students from non-english speaking backgrounds.
- an Individual Learning Centre(ILC) for students with remedial needs, extension opportunities and correspondence courses.
- 6 Learning Support centres, containing 10 specialist classrooms.
- A Deaf Education Centre, a transition flat, a homeroom, and facilities for students with significant learning support needs, which including the Craig Centre and He Puna Tautoko.
- A Teen Parent Unit: education for girls who are having or have had a child.
Youtube Video of our Facilities